Fay Jones MP has expressed her deep disappointment at the decision of Lloyds Bank to withdraw their mobile banking service in Crickhowell from May next year.
The bank assured customers when it closed its branch back in 2016 that it would help customers in more rural communities by investing in a fleet of mobile branches and they have been visiting Beaufort Street Car Park, fortnightly ever since.
Statistics shared by Lloyds to justify the closure show that since its branch closure in 2016, 70% of customers are now using online services, leaving 30% of its customers potentially in a really difficult position given that in many rural communities across the constituency access to physical banking services is really depended upon.
Ms Jones said:
“Incredibly disappointing to learn this morning that Lloyds Bank has taken the decision to withdraw their mobile banking services from Crickhowell.
When Lloyds closed their branch back in 2016, assurances were given to residents, many of whom really depend on access to cash and physical banking services, that mobile banking services would be provided instead.
It is hard not to conclude that Lloyds have pulled the wool over their eyes and the rug from beneath them and I will be writing to them directly to express my disappointment.”